Volunteer Opportunities - Join The Team
At different times of the year and as the requirements dictate, we invite applications from the local community to help us provide help and support to the Newbury homeless via the Soup Kitchen. Based at the Salvation Army Hall in Northcroft Lane, we are open between 5.00pm to 8.30pm on a Thursday evening. Most vacancies will revolve around our Thursday evening opening hours, though some may extend further. We also operate a limited service at The Wharf in Newbury on Saturdays between 5pm and 6pm.
- General Thursday session volunteer 5.30-7.30pm
- Saturday (Wharf) volunteering from 4.30-6pm
- Wednesday (Wharf) volunteering 5.30-7.30pm
- You may be required to drive our Transit VAN or larger Mercedes Sprinter.
- Cook for meals to be served on a Thursday (Food Hygiene Level 2 will need to be completed)
- Evening Volunteering rest of week if necessary
- Advocacy support Tuesday afternoons 2-4pm
- First Aid Volunteer Thursday, Wednesday, or Saturdays
- Evening, supermarket food donation picks up (Wednesdays) 8.30pm
- Daytime, supermarket food donation picks up Tuesday and/or Thursday morning 8.30am
How To Apply
To apply for any position, please read our Volunteer Guide.
Please scan and send the signed confidentiality agreement firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Newbury Soup Kitchen, 1 Hambridge Lane, Newbury, Berkshire. RG14 5TU
Please Note: All volunteering positions require an Enhanced DBS check for Safeguarding and Insurance purposes. Please ask for more information.