We have created a Christmas Wish List of items that are still needed. It would be uncharitable of us to continue to accept donations that may go to waste in the future. All items needed can be selected from our Amazon Wish List which will be delivered to one of our volunteer’s houses. This is the easiest option. If you would prefer to shop locally however and support the Newbury based retailers, then items can be dropped off anytime at the Co-op in Brummell Road. There is a collection box there for us. We also have a new collection point at Harpers Garage at Hungerford.
Donations can also me made at the Salvation Army Hall any Thursday evening. All we ask is that items are delivered prior to opening our 6.00pm session. Please can you arrive anytime between 4.30pm and 6.00pm while we are setting up for the evening.
A number of our rough sleepers have had their bikes stolen, which has a negative impact on their lives. We are in urgent need of combination bike locks.
Head torches that can be recharged by winding can be beneficial to rough sleepers when batteries or electricity cannot be found during these shorter daylight hours.
Please Donate Items We Need
We are always in constant need of tents, ground sheets and sleeping bags. Thermos flasks are always a welcome together with wind-up torches and portable water carriers. Warm winter hats and scarves, thermal gloves and socks, waterproof coats and hiking boots are always in demand. Pot Noodles are a popular choice for our visitors, particularly Chicken and Mushroom and Beef and Tomato flavours! Coffee and orange squash are much needed, used and appreciated supplies. Please contact us to arrange a drop off. You’re always welcome to pop into the Soup Kitchen any Thursday evening with a donation you would like to make.
Food And Drink
- Pot Noodles are a popular choice for our visitors, particularly Chicken and Mushroom and Beef and Tomato flavours.
- Coffee and juice (squash) are much needed, used and appreciated supplies
Contact us to arrange a drop off. You’re always welcome to pop down to the Soup Kitchen when it’s open on Thursday evening with a donation you would like to make. Take a look at our Amazon Wish List for specific ideas.
Equipment And Items
- Tents, ground sheets and sleeping bags
- Thermos flasks are always a welcome addition to our stock
- Torches or lanterns (wind up if possible, but anything is useful)
- Warm winter hats and gloves, thermal clothes and coats
- Waterproof hiking boots and socks
- We always need disposable cutlery and crockery. We like to use biodegradable dinner ware where possible